Still not ready for a major food overhaul in your life? It’s ok. In the meantime, little changes can add up in a big way. Here are a few more small choices you can make every day to help you reach your goals.
1. Drink Green Tea—not because its some magical weight loss drink, but drinking something low calorie will still fill you up. Bonus points – Chinese research indicates green tea is good for your bones! Black coffee, herbal teas and infused water are also good options.
2. Sleep 8 hours a night. Your body needs it. It will it give you focus and energy for your workouts and research suggests that getting enough sleep is important for weight loss too!
3. Munch on popcorn. Not a whole bag of butter popcorn. We’re talking 1 cup of the air popped stuff! A 2009 study showed that people who ate a cup of popcorn 30 minutes before they had lunch ate fewer calories at their meal.
4. Have protein at breakfast. A St. Louis University study found that people who had eggs for breakfast instead of simple carbs like cereal or bagels ate an average of 264 calories less during the day!
5. Eat real food. So much of our food these days is packed with preservatives, artificial dyes, flavor ‘enhancers’ and other non-food additives. This stuff is not good for you. If it has ingredients you can’t pronounce, don’t buy it. Look for things that have short ingredient lists, or better yet, buy whole foods that don’t require ingredient lists—like fresh fruits and veggies!
When you’re ready to really crack down on your eating habits, let me know. We use great habit based tips and tricks every day with our clients! We also offer regular Mindset Coaching Sessions to help you finally get “mind game” of healthy, sustainable fat loss figured out. If weight loss is your goal, you really won’t see your best results until you’re combining both healthy nutrition habits and exercise. I’m ready when you are!